Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kitten fell down the stairs...help?

I have a kitten who is about 8 weeks old. We keep her in the basement, because she loves to run around everywhere. Last night, when my mom opened the basement door, apparently, she was playing on the top step, and my mom didn't see her. When my mom stepped down, she accidentally stepped on her, and she fell all the way down the stairs. Blood started coming out her nose, and she wouldn't move. We didn't know what to do, so we put her in a carrier with warm blankets and placed a bowl of water in there. This morning when we checked on her, she was sitting up but was very still. I picked her up to look at her, but she screamed a little when i first picked her up. When I sat her back down, she started walking a little, but was walking a little weird. Her back looked arched over. We just had a dog that we had to take to the vet, which cost us 0. Taking the kitten to the vet will cost us even more money that we don't have. Is there any way we could take care of her at home? Do you think she'll be ok?

Forgot to mention that she is also throwing up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well kittens bones are very soft and not really developed yet. You need to take her to the vet. And who knows how much weight your mom put on her.