Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    SPMZ

Just bought new zebra finch?

Hiya! My female bird died two days ago due to an accident. The male was left alone, so now I bought a new beautiful new female. Is this ok, will they get along? Any advice woulod be very much appreciated. Thank you...

Junior Member mThisWayToTheOceanm's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep them in separate cages, next to each other for a few weeks. They will get to know each other this way. You will be able to tell when they like each other and then you can put her in his cage. I swear by this. My 2 boy finches use to fight 247 no matter what!!! I did this with 2 cages, they got to be really good pals. Put them together and the snuggled up and groomed each other. I had tried 3-4 other times and they were so bad to each other. So I would separate them right away before they hurt each other. 5th time is the charm. I have 2 happy boys. They snuggle up in a nest and sleep at night. Never thought I'd get to see that.

Good luck!!!