Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    motherof3girls

i took my puppy to "petco" for her puppy shots. will that make her worms

go away?will she need more treatment luv my puppy pack includes: 6 in 1 (DH4LP + PARVO) + CORONA BORDETELLA + HOOK & ROUNDWORM DEWORMER, before the shots i noticed she (2.5 months old) had worms in her stool. five days after the shots i noticed some white worms in her stool again. this time it seems to be alot. i also send a small sample of her stool to get tested. i am waiting for a response. are the shots she received a cure for her worms? i also have a six year old who plays with her all the time. can these worms do anything to my child?

Cindy F
    You better check your vaccination records again because vaccinations 6 in 1 do not include wormers. 6 in 1 vaccinations normally include canine distemper, adenovirus cough, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus, and leptospirosis.

You need to have your dog wormed. You will need to give the medication 3-4 times every 3 weeks. Wormers are given by mouth. It is important to get the puppy treated as soon as possible because worms can make her very sick and in severe cases can cause death.

The only way your child would catch the wormers from the puppy is is they accidentially ingested the fecal matter. If they help you pick up after the puppy, just make sure that your child wash their hands afterwards and the risk is extremely small.

perplexed
    those would be tapeworms, there is a one pill treatment, and you must get that treatment. The only way to get tapeworms is to ingest a flea,but ask you vet about your child just to be safe.