Okay, here's the deal. Right now I am taking dressage riding lessons that my parents are paying for, the barn is like 45min. away and I go once a week, each lesson is $25 so that adds up to $100 or $125 every month for lessons. I know these lessons are like at least $10 less than any other place, but the thing is I'm not learning a thing! I have been riding with the same instructor for almost 2 years now and in the beginning I was learning a lot but now all I do is ride with this girl that can hardly get her posting diagonal and and walk trot and do a tiny and I mean tiny little bit of canter. My instructor has already told me that she can't move me to another class with more experienced people because it is too full, so even though i am at the same riding level as those people in the other class I didn't start riding with my instructors as soon as they did so I a stuck with the girl who can't get her posting diagonal and is afraid to canter. My instructors are trying to get me to do shoulder/haunches in but I really don't care about the dressage moves etc.. All I want to do is walk trot and canter and I would like to learn to jump. I would love to go to the stable that my friend goes to that is like 5 miles away from my house but the lessons are very expensive and I don't even want to ask my parents if I can go there, my parents are NOT poor at all, we live in the best neighborhood in my city, but they are EXTREMELY cheap and LOVE to save money.

So I think the best thing to do is partial lease/work to ride someones horse. So I found a horse on craigslist that was only $125 per month with no limit on how much I ride him, he is about a mile from my house so if I wanted to I could bike/walk there. I a pretty sure that it is a partial lease and that I would be able to use their tack at their barn at their cost.I will make sure on that. He is an 11 year old ex-race horse with no health issues, vises, according to the owner.

My question is: If I would not have to pay for any thing other than the price for lease how should I ask my parents to lease him for me without making it seem like I think that I know everything about everything about horses and I don't need to take lessons anymore or making it seem like I was greedy and lessons were not enough.

Also do you think this is a good deal? Would you lease him?