Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it take for dove eggs?

I was told my 2 doves were both males.but they had an egg so I'm guessing that was wrong. This is the 2nd egg they've laid. The 1st one was cruhed. It's been 2 weeks and they just laid anouther 1. Why did they only lay 1? Is there anythying I should do?

stulisa42
    Doves usually only lay two eggs , one on one day, one the next. After that they should start to set on the eggs. Most hatch between 14 and 18 days.

You could have two females. If that's the case, none will hatch of course. If you happen to have a male and female, and they are young, it could take a few tries before they actuall do things in the right order and hatch babies. If they had one egg and it's still there from 2 weeks ago, throw it away. If it was going to hatch, it already would have. Leave the new one, and see if you get a second one tomorrow. If so, leave them alone and keep them calm, and see if they start to stay on the eggs all of the time. They should take turns setting on the eggs. If you end up with more than two eggs, you probably have two girls.

Males make the coo-ing sound , females (usually) don't, but there can be exceptions, and different breeds behave differently.

Junior Member ladycockatiel_on_myspace's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just leave the eggs alone until they abandon them. It usally takes around 21 days for a bird egg to hatch. And doves laying eggs days or weeks apart is not unusual so just wait and watch.

Junior Member ladycockatiel_on_myspace's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just leave the eggs alone until they abandon them. It usally takes around 21 days for a bird egg to hatch. And doves laying eggs days or weeks apart is not unusual so just wait and watch.