Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do i train my 9 months old dog?

hello

I have a 9 months old. Male, Stafford-shire Bull Terrier cross Rottweiler. I got him on 6th feb 2009 some could look after him any more so i told him off their hands.

WHen he is on his own he is the best dog in the world. He just lays there all day.

But when with my other 5 month old staffie, he just always nicks everything my other dog has, as in his toys, bones. If his not nicking them, then he is biting/attacking him.

i try to stop it but he just Shem's to go back and do it again straight after.

When i take them both over to the Field all they do is attack each other. I do think its just playing but i wont them both to share instead of fight all the time.

How can i stop him from nicking my other dogs stuff and stop him from attacking the other dog all the time ???

I think he thinks that he is the boss of the house.. its not that he don't like other dog, its that he wont to play all the time and sometime they can hurt each other.

Please can some one help....

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they are actually injuring other then this is serious, as you don't want to risk it getting worse. But they may be playing (I know from having my own that Staffies play very rough!) which is healthy.

NO ONE here, not even someone qualified, can tell you what is going on with your dog and what you need to do, so if I were you I would call in a trainer/behaviourist (try and get a recommendation if possible) to assess their behaviour for you so you know exactly what you're dealing with. You may be worrying unnecessarily, or it could be a ticking timebomb...