Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I stop my cat being naughty?

My cat has been clawing my walls for quite a while. It's incredibly annoying but I usually just take her paws of the wall or call her and she stops. She doesn't like the scratching posts we got her.
    However. I called her to stop just a second ago, and she ignored me, I got up to take her paws down and she moved round the corner slightly having ripped a section of the wall paper off of the wall and carried on scratching. I moved round and tapped her paws she got them off the wall and as soon as my back was turned the little brat had grappled all the way to te ceiling, up my wall. There are claw marks running down it where she fell before I could catch her as well as rips and claw marks at the bottom.
    I'm really worried because this kind of behaviour in her is becoming really common lately, and she's getting bigger so can manoeuvre as well as she could when she was a kitten, she's nearly impaled herself on one of my Mums ornaments twice now jumping at the tv, I've moved it now, but she's trying to get behind the fridge where if she succeeds she'll burn herself, and climb up things that are going to fall down and probably land on her. None of my other cats climb up them, it's things like wall hangings, cat safe stuff.
    I still play with her lots, so I don't see how she can be bored and she can go out whenever she likes, there's a nice tree in the garden which she can climb up, I don't understand where this behaviour has come from all of a sudden.

Thank you for any advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you lightly swat her with a rolled up newspaper, it makes has a disciplinary effect without hurting the animal. Also, you can buy a spray bottle and spray her when she is scratching. That always works. You maybe could put a little catnip on your scratching posts to attract her to them.