Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I get my quaker bird to come out peacefully of its cage ?

my i just got my bird yesterday and it refuses to leave the cage unless i put on a glove and pull it out, i try perching with a tiny perch and my finger but she/he just nips at me. she/he lets me stroke her head/back while she's in the cage though. does she just need time to get use to everything ? its been a day.. help please

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you just brought your bird home yesterday it still needs to get use to its new home. It can take a few days. If you have any bird treats you could offer that to the bird it probably wouldn’t take it at first but eventually it will be curious about it. I wouldn’t try and force it out anymore, if anything just place your hand in the cage that shows the bird the hand is not a threat even have some treats in your hand. Talk softly to it. Eventually it should step on to your hand. However it does take patients and all birds are different some will take a longer time then others , some will be short. You might considered getting a book on Quakers if you don’t already have one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have 2 birds they need to get used to it....or u can leave the cage door open and let them feel safe and comfortable.. so that they know you wont hurt them