Me and my husband have been looking around for a puppy for quite some time now, but didn't want to buy from a pet store because of the ridiculous cost.

We live on a military base and there is a webiste where people can advertise anything they are selling including dogs and such. We found a lady who is giving away FREE puppies to good homes.

The puppies will be ready around the first or second week in Feb. ( they will be 6-7 weeks by then)

I have been talking to the girl who is giving them away and she says because she is not charging for them, she doesn't have the extra money ( or so I'm guessing) to take them to the vet's.

I have a few pictures of the puppies and they look in decent connditon and she wants me to come over soon and pick one out before Feb so i will know what one i will be taking home.

Is this alright? Me and my husband plan on taking the puppy to a vet as soon as we get it for all of it's shots/ getting the Chip placed in it and everything.

What i guess I'm really trying to ask is, is it SUPER bad for them NOT to have the shots before 6 weeks or is it perfectly fine if i go and take it there as soon as we get it?