Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Flea on a cat in my house. Question please help!?

Ok, there is a girl living with me and her cat has fleas. My cat and him don't really have contact but they do roam the house together but her cat usually doesn't leave the mud room. Is it possible for my cat to get fleas from him? Also, do flea collars really work? I have one on my cat and I haven't really seen any flea's on him but, he is black so I don't know. But, from what I have seen I don't see any.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing that works is the prescription medicines like "Revolution" that go behind the neck once a month. Unless you want to be all "ate up" with fleas I suggest you ask your vet for a prescription.

$10 a month and well worth it! It won't be long before your cat has plenty of fleas otherwise. Flea collars are useless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, your cat could definitely get fleas from him. They are in your house and environment and fleas are very mobile.

Fleas collars don't work well at all and even worse can be toxic to your cat. I'm amazed they haven't been banned. Many cats get sick from them.

Put your cat on Frontline Plus or Advantage. You can buy them from your vet without a prescription or paying for an office visit for your cat and they work very effectively for 30 days and are safe.