Miss Fuzzy (our ferret) refuses to eat the WalMart brand food my mom got her-no weaning her onto it, just "Here's some new food, have at it". The ingredients are VERY BAD for ferrets (way too much fruit in it, and ferrets can't digest it).

The only thing I have seen her eat in the past few days is the kitty treats we give her about once a day, but when she started to not eat the WalMart food i'd give her about 3 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 2 before i went to bed. She also licks up her Ferretone a lot, and she has plenty of water.

She's lost a bit of weight, and as far as I know, ferret's gain weight in winter. She's also somewhat 'less active' than usual. Usually when I open the cage door, she takes a second to notice i'm there, and then run's to meet me. Now she sleeps in the bottom of the cage, and it takes her longer to get to me (she used to sleep on the 2nd or 3rd level of the cage in her 'tube' or hammock, mostly her tube).

My mom refuses to see anything is wrong-she says she's pefectly fine, and that she's not losing weight, and that the Walmart ferret food is perfectly fine. I however am the one that pays the most attention to her, and i've noticed the changes. My mom says she saw Miss FUzzy nibble at the food, which she possibly has, but not enough that she needs.

I even typed up a report about how bad the WalMart food is, how it could possibly cause insolumia (leads to expensive vet bills), people's reviews on the food (including one person training to be a vet tech), reviews on several better food types, and a price list comparison of the reccomended foods.

Is there ANYTHING i could use in the average household to feed Miss Fuzzy until I can get my mom to get the ZuPreem (or marshall's senior ferret) she's used to? The main meats we have are hamburger and pork chops. I have also made a 'broth' from boiling chicken bones, and some is in the fridge, and the rest is in the freezer.

PLEASE give me suggestions, I don't want Miss Fuzzy to die