Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    vanessa

Electric Shock collar for my dog?

I have a Shiba Inu, She is about one year and half old. I am having a huge problem with training her to come. I have decided to get her a shock collar. Does anyone have any suggestions on brand or anything?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why did you decide to use a shock collar?

Shock collars are one of the WORST ways to teach 'come' immaginable. How have you Tried teaching the command? I've seen many dogs ruined by improper use of shocks. The average dog owner has NO CLUE how it all works.

The ONLY time I recommend the use of shock collars is under the guidance of a professional in life or death situations (Like training snake-avoidance)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try it on yourself first .. tell someone to shock you whenever you don't listen...

POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT WORKS MUCH BETTER!

Sarah S
    thats horrible, i bet you wouldnt wear one on have ur children wear one, just let ur dog know that by being obedient she will be rewarded not shocked.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    well using shock collars on small dogs is not a bright idea! bc shock collars are for outside dogs which are ussualy big dogs and small dogs are ussually inside dogs, and they might take it harder then the big dogs!but if you find a special kind for small dogs that would be good but they are prolly more exspinsive