Here goes I went to my ducks cage this morning and found 1 egg sitting there alone!This is the first egg I have had! No duck was sitting on it! It was in perfect condition as eggs look I mean..But it was cold last night around 45 as a low and the egg was cool/maybe cold..
What I need to know is it going to hatch? I brought it inside and up it on a heating pad on low its only a little warm..Yes I do have 2 male ducks so it could be fertile.How do I know if it is? Is there a way to tell? Why only 1 egg? Why did the duck not sit on it? Is it because they didnt have straw or hay to make a nest? Not enough room? They were in the garage in a cage I put them there at night as raccoons around here are dangerous at nights..They come out in the morning to the yard and pool..But at night they are in a big wire cage altogether with food and water..PLEASE HELP! NO STUPID ANSWERS !! I have an egg to think about!

I dont have any type of heating lamp or anything like it to hatch an egg So the heating pad is my only thignI have at this time!