okay so i asked this question earlier, but apparently i didn't ask it right. So I have a 7 week old pup. His mouth where his whiskers are have large bumps. They bleed a little but not a lot. His lower lip was bald, but is now getting hair back on it. But it still bleeds a little as well. When he eats if it's not wet food he will whine. My guess is cause it hurts? But if its wet he's fine. Now I had put salt down for the ice outside. When we take him out he was licking the melted water the salt had been on. I made him stop, but someone said it could of been from the salt...?? So right now I am cleaning his mouth with a warm wash cloth and putting Vaseline on it. That way it's not itchy. His vet is not open for the holidays and I know there are emergency vets, but I don't have the money for an emergency visit. Man I wish there was insurance for dogs... So anyway does anyone know what else I could do to comfort him in the mean time till Mon...?? also he has no loss of appetite and he is still full of energy he still chews on his toys all the time..