We just got a lop eared bunny a week ago. He's only a few months old. Our dog is female (7 years old and we adopted her a year ago), part black lab, part retriever. Ever since we got the bunny, every time he makes a sound in his cage she starts wining and runs into the bedroom to "check" on him. She also does this with our kids' guinea pigs when they squeal in their cage. Anyways, every time we either have the guinea pigs and now the bunny out she nudges them and licks them. I don't know if this is her way of playing or if she's trying to eat them. She doesn't bark or growl at them and tonight I made progress with her and the bunny. I was holding her collar of course and she was allowing the bunny to hop around her, on her and even cuddle up to her. Her tail was wagging so I'm thinking she was happy so I let go of her collar to see what she'd do. She just started nudging the bunny and licking him. My thought is if she wanted to eat the bunny, and even the guinea pigs she would have done it by now.

Does anyone know what the nudging and licking means??