Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do i have to bring my guinea pigs to the vet?

I bought my guinea pigs from Petco. I know, i know you're not supposed to buy guinea pigs because they are often mix-sexed, ill, or pregnant but i didn't happen to know then, well, at least i do now but anyways... I was wondering if i had to bring my piggies to the vet? They are both eating fine, looking healthy, not losing any weight etc. They also don't have any missing patches of fur and aren't constantly scratching at themselves. So, what you think?
    I want to bring them to the vet but i do not have that much money and neither does my family for any medications or anything like that if they needed them. Just Heartworm pills and Frontline for both the dog and cat are expensive.

The guinea pigs also on a high quality food, Oxbow pellets, have 24/7 availability to hay and get at least a cup of veggies at day each. (bell peppers, baby carrot, cilantro, and romaine lettuce) That's what their main diet of veggies consists of, they get extras once in a while like celery, cucumbers, and ocassionally fruits like kiwi, apples, oranges etc.

Unregistered
    don't they die within a year anyway? don't waste your money.