As i was coming home from this jazz concert yesterday.. I noticed a cat in the middle of the street just lying there. It was dark so I couldn't really tell what it was... I just assumed it was dead... but as i moved closer to it... i noticed it tried to lift its head up then just laid back down... there was blood all over the street.. At first there was nothing outside but me and the cat (FYI i did not run it over... it was there already)... but as i turned around I noticed a bunch of cats i never saw before running out of nowhere coming to his rescue. One of them were even so kind enough to drag it from the middle of the street closer to the sidewalk... I wanted to help it but i assumed it was going to die anyway because it's guts were hanging out and its was bleeding quite profusely... I did decide to move it out of the street though, but as soon as i came out the house with a pair of gloves and some old towels to pick it up... BAM! another car ran over it... I felt really bad.... Do cats help each other out... Do they know when someone is in pain? I notice that whenever I'm sad my cat comes around alot and want to lay under me... Do they know???