Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    eeyore

Is it cruel to put a pet down???

I Have a ferret who is very old! I rescued him from some very nasty people about a year ago! He can no longer walk or get up to eat, drink or go to the toilet.
    We have been feeding him with a spoon and letting him drink out of a bottle. Is it cruel for me to put him down or am i being kinda to him?

He has been to the vet several times! He has diabetes and a nurological disease! He is going in again tonight but i don't think we can do much more!

Michelle M
    No dear..When the quality of life is gone it's not cruel to put them done it's more cruel to keep them alive the poor thing cant' walk can't get up to do his business. your having to hand feed him..I'm sorry but it time to let him go..His quality of life is gone..I know you love the little guy....I know how hard this is I had to put my Pekingese to sleep 6 months ago and my cat 3 weeks ago to watch a pet suffer is not right...

Downloads
    Uploads
    if there in pain which im guessing he is then heck ya its better for him/her

dumdum
    No, you would be doing the ferret a favor.

lisa
    Do NOT put the ferret down!!! That is so mean! PLEASE listen to me. Okay, maybe i have a too strong of a feeling for pets, but i really think you shouldn't. If you were very ill, would you want your parents to take you to the hospital and kill you? I don't think so. A pet that has a longer life, even if it dies like a day after, it is still better. It is just plain mean to put the pet down. I'm not the biggest fan of ferrets, but i still hate to think the feeling of killing pets. PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!

Kinnie
    Get him to a vet. If he cannot get well at all, putting him down might put him out of his misery. If he CAN putting him down would be mean and bad.