We've been together for 5 yrs now and just recently hit an issue. We've been living together for close to 2 yrs now.
I've ALWAYS, since I was a little girl, taken stray cats home. Always. It annoyed my dad to no-end but he knew it made me happy and allowed it within reason. My boyfriend knew this when we got together.
First yr living together, I could only have two cats. So I took them with me. Outside our apartment at the time, a stray had a litter of kittens. I caught them before they turned wild but he refused to let them stay with us until I found them homes. I took them to my parents. I see where he was coming from, the landlord would have been upset if she knew I had 7 cats. Even if I wasn't keeping 5 of them.
Now we live in a 3 bedroom trailer. there's only the two of us and the two cats, recently HE brought home a stray cat that had many medical issuess. Some have cleared up but another has came up. I mentioned taking the cat to a vet if it didn't clear up (I'm not adopting him out if hes not healthy and fixed). He snapped and went on about how he can't afford his medication and I'm spending our money on cats. His medications are $600 + a MONTH. And I've found a couple programs that'll help him, he just has to get his doctor to sign some forms (he'll see him in a couple weeks). My boyfrined is bipolar and hasn't been on his meds for a couple months due to us not being able to afford them.

What can I do to convience him that yes, his health is important and I value him? Animals, especially cats, are my passion and lately I've been feeling held back by his attitude.

wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured cat section lol He's not trying to get me to get rid of any of the cats, well besides the stray but like I said once he's healthy, then he can go. This is just something I'm going to do and for whatever reason, he takes it as an insult towards himself.