I live in a very small apartment complex (16 units, 5 buildings) When I signed the lease I was told no pets are allowed, since moving in I have noticed that 5 other apartments around me (just in my building and the one next to mine, I have no idea about the other 3) have dogs, cats, etc. Having known that these people have animals and don't get in trouble, I went ahead and got a cat. The cat is declawed and neutered, so I feel like theres minimal damage he could do to the apartment. Is it wrong of me to have a cat here, when others have dogs? I'm not talking small dogs either, big dogs. I am just worried about having maintenance come over to fix stuff in the apartment, although one of my friends who lives in here has 2 cats and didn't bother to hide them when maintenance came and didn't have a problem. It seems like they don't really care, if they did I think they would go after those who have dogs that shi* all over the yards and walk ways. Anyone else think this is wrong?

IF the management would find out about my cat, they would have to get everyone else in trouble. So, they would pretty much have to clean house and kick everyone out if they singled out one person..