Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any Yorkie breeders in Southeastern OK that have a female pup available...

...that will stay very small as an adult? I live in Southeastern Oklahoma and I am looking for a yorkie puppy to adopt. I want a female that will still be very small as an adult. (Some might call it a "teacup" or "toy" or "micro mini") I don't care about the labels, I just want a pup that will still be very small as an adult. I want her to be black and gold/tan, but am open to considering a blue.

I would appreciate any input from people in the Southeastern OK or surrounding areas that have gotten a puppy nearby. Who did you get it from and did you have a good experience with that breeder? Would you recommend that person to a friend if they were looking for a yorkie?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do some research about "teacup" Yorkies. True Yorkie breeders would NEVER breed for this type of body type. They are too prone to trachea collapses because of leashes, and broken bones. If find a "breeder" that has or label their dogs at "Teacup Yorkies", then you can pretty much be assured that the breeder is NOT reputable. They should be able to show you that they are breeding according to Yorkie Breed Standard.

Also, there is nothing mentioned in your post about temperament. That is also something a reputable breeder would be concerned about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are a few breeders in OK that are referred by the yorkie club
    http://www.ytca.org/breeder4.html#OK

A reputable breeder breeds dogs that fit the breed standard.. which is 7 pounds or less. 7 pounds is a tiny dog already. You may have to be on a waiting list to get a pup tho, as they may not have one "available now".