So, after reading countless questions on breeding, I thought I would share some of my favorite breeding stories.
Some back ground: I am an emergency vet. I have been out of vet school for about 5.5 years and have practiced emergency medicine full time for about a year and a half.
In the past 2 weeks, we have had 5 animals that needed c-sections. Only 1 person could actually afford for their dog to have one.

My favorite from last week: Puppy gets stuck and mother chews a hole in her own VULVA. Puppy caught in hole like some huge ear ring and dies. Owner cannot afford to have wound repaired. As of Monday, has STILL not taken her dog to the vet to have the repair done.

Story 2- from tonight. Peke gets bred by random male dog. She has 3 puppies Sunday morning at 3 AM. Tonight is Monday and she has not eaten since Saturday. Squats and a puppy's leg is hanging out of her vulva. Owner pulls on leg and the leg falls off. No money for c-section. Dog will likely die tonight.
So, if you are considering breeding your pet, think about these stories. Do you have $1500 to drop on an emergency c-section? Can you handle it if you pull on a puppy's leg and it falls off? How much do you love your dog? Do you want to risk her health breeding her?