OK, I got a new three year old male at the shelter last weekend. I've had him in the spare bedroom for a week now. I've gradually opened up the upstairs and let him run around a couple of times a day...tonight I put my other cat in the basement while he had full run of the house for an hour. So far so good. There's been some hissing under the door and they saw each other once and were hissing. Normal. I know if you go by they book they usually suggest two weeks separated.
The problem is the boy cat is throwing a fit at night meowing constantly and scratching at the door, and wants out of the room and I'm not getting much sleep. I think he's realized hey, this house is not just this spare room and he wants out now.
I tried going into his room last night and sleeping in there, but he's just so excited I'm in there it's crazy :-)
So far my original cat doesn't seem to care that he's had full run of the house tonight. She's acting like nothing happened.
I know it's gonna be rough but I'd like to introduce them fully tomorrow and see how it goes. I really need sleep. HAHA!
What do you think and what advice can you give?

Thanks!!