Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    reena_chell_79

2nd part of GP "whoops" question (posted earlier)?

ok so to summerize i just found out that the 10wk old piggy i have had the last 6wks is a NOT a female but rather a male. so besides needing a new name (previously known as Abigail Grace) i also need to kow a few things like the difference in personalites between the 2 genders as well as how big to expect the genitals to get. i know rats/hamsters/gerbils have quite large testicles but do GP's? i was told that they do not but i opted to get a female just in case and was shocked to find that i indeed had a male. so to anyone with piggy experience please let me know....thanks!
    oh and heres a pic ....dont mind all the feminine stuff ;-(
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/reena_chell_79/P1010152-1.jpg
    any name ideas would be greatly appreciated as well as answers bout personality and testicle size....

i bought her from a lady who does pet rescue. she had 2 mamma piggies. 5 babies. said that mine was the only girl in the litter. the guy at petsmart (who raises piggies/ferrets/rats) said it was a female as well. plus i had looked online before purchasing....only reason i found out 2day was b/c i pushed on "her" belly and out popped a weenie much to my suprise!

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah I wouldnt trust most people unless they had YEARS of experiance in raising and sexing Guinea Pigs, babies are especially hard. When I started professionally raising guinea pigs I had a few oops's myself, until I did it about 3 years then I was proud to say I never had an oops again, I also was employee'd by several pet stores and vet clinics to come in for a Guinea Pigs sexing class for people who really wanted to know the sexes. I eventually had to stop taking calls about that. Anyway.

You have a very nice Self Silver Agouti, American Shorthair mix.... I would try some cool names like

Grizzly
    Fergus
    Farley
    Barley
    Timothy
    Titan
    Colossus
    Varmit
    Opie
    Oscar

I dont know they were kinda calling out to me while looking at him... My piggies I generally named for something that was happening at the time I got them or when they were born. Some of my favorites were

Hard as Steel Sex Appeal... AKA Sexy
    Otto Von Rumpsniffer - AKA Otto
    Cricket Von Hassenphefer - AKA Cricket
    Carlyle Fentmore Squeaker the III - AKA Carlyle
    WhooDoo Voodoo - AKA Voodoo
    Little Bowl OF Sesame Foo Foo - AKA Seasame or SeSe..

see stuff like that.

Oh as far as genitalia they arent huge. unless you have a breeding male. Otherwise they are noticeable but they are internal and covered in fur. Just looks like he as a big butt. Nothing gross or abnormal... you can have them nuetered too.