Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

can dogs eat shrimp?

my puppy (10 months old) ate shrimp and it was seasoned. she is a yorkie and shihtzu maltese. right after she ate the shrimp she laid down and fell asleep. the next day she wouldn't eat anything and she puked twice and it contained blood. then she also had diarrhea. then the following day she pooped and the stool was kinda like covered in blood? this is from she shrimp isn't it? is shrimp/seafood like chocolate to dogs where it will make them live less? what also happens if they continue to have table food? because i heard that yorkies had sensitive stomachs unlike other dogs. please no rude comments. i didn't feed it to her.

samster
    my dog eats steel stuff so i ya..........................

Morgan
    It's best not to feed her people food at all.
    Mostly, make sure she never gets onions, chocolate, grapes, rasins, or macadamian nuts. Those will kill a dog very quickly! Watch out!

Mustafe D
    dogs could weat anything.

sk8ter
    no, its not good for them keep her away from the shrimp, its alright for cats but can have toxic effects on dogs get her to a vet.

hellosunshine_hb
    Well vomitting and diarrhea might be considered "normal" if the puppy ingested something out of the ordinary (like shrimp), but BLOOD is NOT good. You should really get her to the vet, bring a fresh stool sample with you. Keep her hydrated, puppies can dehydrate very easily through vomitting and diarrhea, and it can be incredibly dangerous. If she doesn't want to drink, give her an ice cube to lick. Don't give her any more food at all (even her kibble) until the vet looks at her.

Fish, generally (as far as I know) is ok for dogs. But that doesn't mean that your pup might not have an allergy to shellfish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes,just not choloate

kait
    Well my dogs eaten shrimp before and thats never happened, so it just probably upset her tummy, because my pup use to have a really sensitive stomach when she was a puppy, so just av oid that kinda of food for you're dog, and table food is okay, just dont make it an every day routine, just make it a treat once in a while.

May Domainee
    barfing and blood in the stool can often mean parvo. has she been fully vaccinated? blood in the stool is very serious and should be diagnosed/fixed with vet care.

i personally don't think shrimp is the cause of this but could be wrong. He may be allergic!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dogs could eat even shoes....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast