Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why and how android became an overnight success in the world of smartphones?

android now has 75% of market share of smart phones. Apple about 12% and Blackberry about 6%. The rest are a mixture of windows, symbian, propreitor OS, etc etc.

At one time symbian held a very strong market share of smartphone and it was number 1. Then it just started to slip away more and more. Now their phones are still sold on ebay and amazon for low prices but nobody buys it.

However, android is a relatively newcomer. Only in the past 2 years or so has it seen an explosive growth. Why so?

Also it made Samsung and LG loaded with cash. Due to android both these companies have made 100's of millions in profits overnight. It made them a giant overnight too
    also on a related note, why is gingerbread still the largest used android version even though the latest is jelly bean? (and ice cream sandwhich is also way more recent than gingerbread) Somehow many people do not want to move beyond gingerbread, and almost half the androids continue on gingerbread despite being declared obsolete. why so? i have seen people downgrade from ICS or jelly bean to gingerbread. why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    LG and Samsung are the phones that are offered to consumers at reasonable prices. If these are the phones that are offered at the store, these are the phones that consumers are going to purchase.

If Apple would price their phones at a more competitive price range so more people could afford their products, this company could gain more of the market.

People tend to have product loyalty. If someone buys a phone and had a good experience with that brand, the next time that person goes to buy a phone, they usually will buy that brand again.

I bought a Samsung phone because that is the brand of phone that was offered by my provider. I have bought 3 more Samsung phones because each phone has never disappointed me. As long as Samsung keeps selling phones to my cell phone provider, this will be the brand of phone I will be purchasing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well because its awesome, and it (unlike ios) isn't locked...
    I mean like, you can do all kind of things, you dont have to jailbrake it to make it usable :P
    You have more apps for it, and android phones are WAY MORE cheaper than apple's (overpriced-as-hell) crap cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has become like that because a majority of smartphone manufacturers port Android on to their phone because it's cheaper and they get to sell they're own brand with their version of Android ( touch wiz, HTC sense, Time scape, etc.) lots of people are bored with iOS because nothing has changed over the years of it being out Android only continues to get better as other OS say the same and that is the name of the game. Blackberries were left in the past because everything moved to touch screen and kept changing around them but they did not do anything to get keep up Windows Phone is growing very fast but they won't catch up to Android anytime soon keep an eye out for them as for Symbian I wouldn't have too much hope left for that platform.