Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What smartphone should a first time buyer get?

I'm going to be graduating from college next semester and will finally be forced to leave my parents cell phone plan. Everyone in my field of study (Public Relations) has a blackberry or something similar and I'm ready to join the club.

The phone I have now is an archaic Motorola flip phone with Verizon and I don’t want to overwhelm myself with a phone I can’t figure out.

So my question is what would be the best smartphone for a first time buyer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the new palms...I had the pre for a month and in my opinion the new palm operating system is very underrated. automatically syncs all your contacts and the phone is super easy to use and has pretty intuitive gestures. second to that I would say iphone, android is more for the geek or power user and blackberry os isn't up to par. Palm has two phones out the pre and pixi. The pixi is a slimmer, sleeker, and smaller version of the pre without the sliding mechanism but it's a little slower and it doesn't have wifi and the screens a bit smaller. If you can live without all that, I'd recommend the pixi, if not get the pre. Sprints plans are cheap to compared to verizon and att. Btw, buy it on amazon for 25 bucks don't go to the store or it'll cost you 100.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a BlackBerry Bold or Curve. They are easy to use and have great features.