Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Mel W

What is the difference in a PDA,Smartphone,Palm,BlackBerry and Cell phones?

Please don't be rude I'm new to this electronic stuff and I just got a job at Verizon Wireless, I just need to know the difference in those things. Thanks so much for your help

Megz

A PDA is a personal digital assistant. Usually designed to keep you organized as much as possible. Not really meant for the average kid. Etc.A Smartphone is a phone that just has generally more features then a regular cell phone.Palm=Type of smart phoneBlackBerry=Type of smart phone.Cell Phones are celular devices used for making calls. They'll have a few general features but are meant for people who use phones on a regular basis and need one thats portable.

Melala

it's kind of hard to explain because u.s. region offers limited phones and asia is way ahead in technology. i'm an asian now residing in CA and until now i order my phones in asia since they have better phones without twitching by networks....pda means personal digital assistant. usually they are touch screen capable (poking the screen) and has either windows mobile OS or palm OS.there are 2 type of pda:1) pda phone - have either the 2 OS i said above. they mostly fall on the "assistant" or pc like function while phone feature is secondary.2) phone pda - i can say it "mimics" or pseudo pda. it means they fall on "phone" feature and "assistant" is secondary. they are phones that even they are touch screen, they don't focus on "assistant" feature OS. i can say i-phone and lg voyager, nokia 7700, nokia 7710 falls on these categorywhat i'mean on assistant feature is it is like opening, editing, creating documents close to a pc.smartphone means phones with an OS (windows, palm, symbian) but it is not a touch screen. most high end nokias fall on this category as well as HTC devices w/c is branded by networks. HTC devices are the ones with windows OS branded by networks like they created it. e.g. blackjack, nokia E seriespalm is an OS that competes against windows mobile OS. they also have their own devices with a popular name such as palm and treo.blackberry is a brand name of device w/c also have their own OS. mostly this is known to have the e-mail push technology. this one is not a hard one to identify since their OS is only for their devices.cellphones are.....errrr......just phones......no special feature of their OS. typically they are called low end phones or mid range phone. they don't have anything special. main use is texting and calling.i hope i helped you....by the way, what is your job in verizon? i'm planning to apply in t-mobile since i think i have an advantage on these things better than their representatives right now.....XD