Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between a Handheld GPS receiver and a GPS Device?

Im looking at Sat Navs at the mo and Im thinking about a TomTom, the website im looking at says its £114.99, but if I buy it with a GPS Device its £129.99.

What is the difference? Why do I need both? I thought the TomTom has got everything I need with it.
    No Ben T, I am not confused. I understand the difference between different tyoes of Sat Navs.

Here is the link to the website with the deals on it...

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1563788932.120846190 5@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadedlhfmflmcflgceggdhhmdgmj. 0&category_oid=&sku=703902&page=Product&fm=undefin ed&sm=undefined&tm=undefined

Scroll down and you will see the GPS Receiver plus GPS device is £129.99

ben t
    I think you're a little confused. On Amazon.UK, I found the Tom Tom GPS at both of those prices. The lower-price one is without Bluetooth, and the higher-price one includes BlueTooth.

BlueTooth is wireless communication technology that lets your GPS unit communicate with some cell phones. But the added features for cell phones require a subscription service.

Unless you specifically want to use the TomTom PLUS services, just go with the cheaper model.