Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Daniel L

What can a PDA do?

Yeah I want to buy my dad a PDA for christmas since he owns a trucking business he needs to keep track of when he did oil changes, tires etc and like what day the truck left and were did it go. So I was thinking about gettin him a PDA, the thing is that i dont know if in the PDA you can just go in and type in the information or you need to sync it from the computer?

one4all
    maybe you can buy a magazines or search in the internet...i think this should be useful...hopes it helps you

Aeh2019
    It can organize your life until it is gone

DURANGO
    Personal digital assistants (PDAs) are handheld computers, but have become much more versatile over the years. PDAs have many uses: calculation, use as a clock and calendar, accessing the Internet, sending and receiving E-mails, video recording, typewriting and word processing, use as an address book, making and writing on spreadsheets, scanning bar codes, use as a radio or stereo, playing computer games, recording survey responses, and Global Positioning System (GPS).Many PDAs can access the Internet, intranets or extranets via Wi-Fi, or Wireless Wide-Area Networks (WWANs).

QuiteNewHere
    PDAs are too small, takes too much work and are easy to lose. I think you should set it up for him so he wont be intimidated by that part of getting new technology.
    Ask him which PDAs does his friends in the business have. You can gauge from his answer if one of them owns one that he wishes to also own. Take your clue from that.

x_kookoo4kokopuffs_x
    It has a calendar in it, a lot have GPS and navigation built in. Get him and IPHONE.

luvrats
    You can enter stuff directly into the PDA. I LOVE my PDA but my brother calls it a $200 piece of paper!

But yes -- it is GREAT to organize your life -- until you LOSE it!