Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the best handheld GPS for foreign city exploring?

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Hamburg, Germany soon and I was hoping to purchase a handheld GPS unit to allow me to roam without having to worry about getting lost.

Obviously I would hope it'd be able to fit in my pocket. But I'd also need the unit to download a city map of Hamburg, be able to mark waypoint and have the ability to backtrack would be nice.

Suggestions from people that have used similar?

craig jackson

Camera2 best hand held gps for foreign country exploring

For the best experience when traveling to foreign countries, simply purchase the right GPS that will not get you lost and that provides free maps and free map updates. This small portable GPS can fit in your pocket, and you can take the portable device with you when traveling.

The only GPS company that i know that provides multiple country maps is newelectronx. The maps come in 3D and 2D. The maps provide a richly detailed topographic picture, making it easier to navigate foreign landscapes. The Newelectronx GPS is built for those who are brave enough to devise their own routes to ensure the most scenic path to their destinations is explored. It also includes tons of POI (points of interest) to make sure you can visit the most popular attractions in the country you are visiting. Should you stray off your path, the GPS will guide you back.

The Newelectronx GPS is a welcoming companion when traveling, acting as an experienced, local tour guide. Newelectronx offer accessory that inform travelers about the best restaurants, hotels, attractions, bars, and shopping areas in a region. Reviews assist users in picking between the many choices available. Of course, the GPS also help travelers find more mundane but necessary locations, such as gas stations and ATM machines.

If you need to read more about it then check out this link:
    5 Inch Touch Screen Multimedia GPS Navigator with Bluetooth or AVIN