ok so right now i have a regular phone. my tmobile plan is 400 whenever minutes and unlimited texting. i want a smartphone but i dont want to pay for the data plan. i know this sounds stupid but this is what i want. if i were to buy any UNLOCKED smartphone(preferably android) would i need a data plan or can i just use it without a data plan? and would i get charged extra monthly? i wont b using the internet at all. just texting and calling. also would i be able to download apps on my computer from the android marketplace and transfer it to my phone? or would i have to use wifi to access from my phone? so my main questions are this:

1-if i were to buy an unlocked smartphone could i use the phone for texting and calling and not need a data plan? and there wont b any extra monthly charges?

2-if i were to get an android could i just use wifi to sign in to my google account when i first register the phone? and could i transfer apps from my computer to phone from android marketplace? or use wifi to access the android marketplace on my phone?

please answer:
MOST DETAILED answer will get best answer. this will really help me a lot

p.s. i might b getting the unlocked motorola backflip if that helps at all.

thanks