Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any way to recover deleted files from an iPAQ 200 PDA?

I had pictures and videos of my dog when she was a puppy on my iPAQ 200 series internal flash memory. She died a few weeks back from intestinal complications. I have had this PDA in a box for 4 years and it still works, but the files are all deleted. I know that other than calendar and email functions, I never saved anything to the memory, so chances of at least SOME of the files being recoverable is possible. I didn't have a saved sync on my computer with anything from this PDA.

Most undelete and file recovery software won't work with internal storage, only memory cards. I don't care what it takes, I want to get the pictures back even if I have to take the thing apart or destroy it to get to it. Is there any way to access the file system as a hard drive? I am familiar with undelete software, but I cannot get them to recognize the internal storage as a drive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Closest I can find... http://ipaq-214.apps.opera.com/en_us/free_utilities.htm

Or you can jump over to the HP support site and see if they can help you... they have live chat with the support folks. None of them have probably every heard of an iPaq, but it never hurts to try: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3544499&objectID=c013348 16