Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

AT&T phone upgrade to smartphone?

I am an AT&T customer available for my two year upgrade now. I want to get a smartphone, preferably an Android one. Problem is, my parents won't pay for the required smart phone data plan you have to purchase when you upgrade to a smartphone and they will not allow me to pay it either. Is it possible that one of my parents uses my upgrade to get the phone I want and purchase the plan, me taking their old phone. Then switching Sim Cards with them to cancel the data plan? Because technically it would be charged for my moms line but she doesn't have a smartphone so it would cancel after switching right? If this would not work can someone give me some sort of alternative?

Downloads
    Uploads
    plan wont work. here is why.... at&t does a system sweep and the moment your sim is detected in the smartphone you will get a message telling you a smartphone data plan has been added to your acct.