Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which Smartphone is best suited for me? Android, iPhone or Blackberry.?

With all the smartphone out there I would like to make a decision upon what best suites me rather then whats the coolest thing out there. I currently have a BB Bold 9700 & I'm looking to see what other options I have.
    In order of importance...
    1. SMS/MMS with a close
    2. Social Media (Twitter/Facebook)
    3. Music Player (16gb+)
    4. Web Browser (3G)
    5. eMail (as long as I get them that's all that matters)

6. Calls (I barely ever make calls so as long as it doesn't drop calls constantly I'm fine)

I wont be using it for work just for my personal use.
    Please no Blackberry suck and iPhone suck give me a real reason why Is should go with your choice. I'm leaning towards a Droid X or an Evo. Whatcha think? I keep reading it has a short battery life which is a huge turn off. hats the point of having a phone if its going to die before I get home after work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What phone is "suited" to you is going to have to be your decision. No one can make that choice for you. I may love my Nexus One, but not everyone will. The phone you want is the one with the features you require and a price you can afford.

All smartphones have "short" battery life. If you properly charge the battery (do a full discharge and overnight recharge every 30 charges) and don't run stuff you don't need or aren't using (GPS, wifi, Bluetooth), you can make a battery last a couple of days.

The two phones you mentioned are Android phones and I would select them over an iPhone or a Blackberry any day. You need to look at the company as well. The two phones you mentioned are Verizon phones. The iPhone is sold in the US by AT&T. You might want to have a look at the Android models sold by T-Mobile, too, as that have a great selection and their plans are the cheapest of all the major companies.

And the iPhone does suck. I would take the crappiest Android phone over an iPhone any day.