Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to purchase a smartphone without a data plan at Alltel?

I want to purchase a smartphone (not a Blackberry) off of eBay. I do not plan on upgrading to a data plan. Is it possible to activate the smartphone on the plan I already have? I am at Alltel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can just buy a retail version of a smartphone you would like. A retail version means that the phone did not come from a Network Service Provider; like if you buy it in an Authorized Reseller. Once you have the phone, you can just put your SIM Card in and the contract/plan/service will apply in your phone.

Take note though that Alltel is, I believe, using CDMA technology not the popular GSM. This means that you need to buy a CDMA Smartphone; don't worry, you can just ask your seller if the phone is GSM or CDMA.

One more thing. You mentioned eBay? Well, I just wanna point out that you are risking your good money if you will buy from eBay. People there display images of real original versions of cellphones whilst when you receive your phone, it will be a china counterfeit (a fake). It will probably best to buy a phone from an Authorized Reseller near you (like a Nokia Store for Nokia phones, Sony Ericsson Store for SE phones, etc.). Plus it has warranty if you buy it there.