Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member LittleBuggysMommy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

A PDA that's not a phone? What are some?

I'm looking for something to use to type up my notes in class. I don't want a laptop bc of the distactions and the cost of even a cheap one. My budget is on or arround 25 dollars.

I'd like a PDA that's NOT a phone that I can upload Abiword on to and hook up a keyboard to via a usb port. The usb port is important, bc it would allow me to save stuff to a flash drive

Any ideas on a make and model number I could look for via ebay would be nice

Downloads
    Uploads
    You won't find one that cheap. Used on Ebay is a maybe. You might try a Compaq Ipaq Pocket PC. The 3800 series has a decent amount of memory and can be expanded with SD memory cards. Anything older than the 38xx models is fixed in memory unless you buy additional accessories. You won't be loading Abiword onto a pocket pc, but it already comes with a Word compatible text editor. No keyboard, all is done with a stylus on the display panel. It syncs things with Outlook or Outlook Express if you use the built-in Notes program to keep your notes.

Even though it CAN be done, it will be awkward at best. Using the display for note taking is a labor intensive process. OK, for short things, a few words perhaps, but not for long entries.