Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

PDA Help...IPOD or Palm or ?

My company is dumping our cell phone plan to save money BUT they have given each of us 350$ to purchase a PDA to replace our blackberrys (We had to turn them into corporate). but we get to keep them if we leave the company....anyways someone suggested me getting a IPOD touch since they are pretty functional in more ways than one.. Anyone every used it for this purpose or show i just go with a Palm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Neither, the iPod touch is far too buggy to depend on in a pinch and all of it's software you have to pay for. Everything must be also synced through iTunes which makes it difficult to hand things like PDF file or Business contacts. Now if was just a choice between these two I would choose the Palm but lets also look at the facts for the Palm, palms have an overly simplified interface that lacks flexibility and function, there is a large fan base for software including programs for word and excel but they also cost extra I actually just pitched my palm for a net top. Your best bet is a Pocket PC, a Pocket PC is a device that uses embedded Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0 and the reason is because a lot of the software you will need for day to day is already pre-installed and chances are if there is a program that costs money to do something you need to do, there is a free one out there that will be fairly easy to find. The Palm platform also falls flat on memory expansion with an all to often 1GB limit whereas the Mobile platform supports SDHC up to 128GB.

Check out the Ipaq 1945 wifi and compare it with a Palm Tungsten (close in price)