Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Notebook vs smartphone for a 10th grader, or neither?

I'm a 10th grade student and I want to buy whether a smartphone or a notebook in order to be able to take the device with me wherever I go and to have internet acces and also to do some research at place. what would you suggest? which are the best and notebooks for students(cheap as well or maybe is it a bit early to spend a sum of money in such devices? all your suggestions are welcomed!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Netbooks are incapable laptops. They can't do anything but light stuff, and not even proper word processing. For something that is a fusion between a smartphone and a laptop, try the iPad. It actually is surprisingly useful, and I've made some great stuff on it in a matter of minutes.

No matter what other people say, a netbook will never be able to be useful for school.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are talking about a mini laptop then the correct word is netbook.. I have one right now and love it its everything I need in a laptop but i can take it wherever I want. It's about the size of a textbook and it doesnt even weigh as much. I would say netbook because its a lot more dependable if you get a smartphone you better hope it doesn't break or else everything is gone. On a netbook you can make sure all your stuff is backed up so you don't have to worry about losing it. My netbook was about 299 dollars its a Eee PC and its really good I totally recommend it it came with microsoft 2007 and a webcam/skype... the webcam is built in. It's a great buy i really love it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are talking about a mini laptop then the correct word is netbook.. I have one right now and love it its everything I need in a laptop but i can take it wherever I want. It's about the size of a textbook and it doesnt even weigh as much. I would say netbook because its a lot more dependable if you get a smartphone you better hope it doesn't break or else everything is gone. On a netbook you can make sure all your stuff is backed up so you don't have to worry about losing it. My netbook was about 299 dollars its a Eee PC and its really good I totally recommend it it came with microsoft 2007 and a webcam/skype... the webcam is built in. It's a great buy i really love it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suggest going on eBay and finding a cheap dell latitude or inspiron. Even the older models with wifi are good. I'm enjoying my Inspiron 8100.