Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which new generation handheld is more worth it... PS Vita or 3DS?

I'm thinking PS Vita, because of games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Sly Cooper 4, Mortal Kombat, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Assassins Creed 3: Liberation. Plus, I think the overall technology is better.

But the 3DS... Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Zelda Ocarina 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Star Fox 64 3D.

I haven't actually seen or tried most of the games, I just looked on Gamefly to see what interested me based on the titles (as well as GF rating). They both seem to have a good share of fun games... But a couple things I wonder about the 3DS are... Can you put music directly on it? Without having to use an SD card? And is it backwards compatible with original DS games? How much memory does it have? How much does it cost, about $200?

As for the PS Vita, what's so unique about the pad on the back of the screen? Is it supposed to be some kind of touch-pad? How much memory does it have? How much does it cost, about $250?

Hopefully I can get one of these after the next few months, I should have my first job sometime next month... I'm trying to think ahead and determine which one is better. Please help me out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 3DS has a very nice variety of games, is cheaper (3DS is $170, XL is $200 where I live), and it is definitely backwar compatible with original DS games. You can put music on your 3DS using an SD card, but not without it. It has about 1.5 GB of memory according to Wikipedia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm only going to say two statements.

Look at the PS VITA games, variety, yes?
    Look at the 3DS games, realize how many Mario games there are (Ignoring the remakes)