Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

with my droid phone connected through PDA NET how do I give internet access to my

home network ? Basically If my phone is Tethered through PDA net can I then Through my computer give internet access through my wireless router that My computer is connected to ? Thanks all !

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't do that unless you don't mind getting a huge bill from your mobile provider at the end of the month. But if you want to do it you would need to do the following:
    Enable Internet connection sharing on your computer, Plug your computer into one of the 'Client' ports in the wireless router (NOT the uplink port, your router is now being used as a switch). If your router has 'client mode' enable it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't.

PDANet is for traffic on a single PC.

You can probably play with the settings to run ICS on your PC, but there's no way to route it back to your router, AND... if you consitantly exceed the 5GB (soft quota), you'll get throttled (slow to a crawl)

---
    Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days
    Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.