Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it more healthy to play handheld games and use a laptop in a chair than on...

...your bed? My mother said that I need to spend less time in bed, and that it would be better for me to use my laptop or play on the PSP and DS in a chair, on the couch, or even on the floor. Anywhere is better than staying in my bed all day.

Is there an actual reason behind this? Is it really more healthy to lay on the couch on my computer than in my bed? What is the reasoning behind this?

If you have a link to an article about it, I'd appreciate it. But if you don't have one, your knowledge would suffice.

Note: I'm not asking for what's better for my laptop. I'm talking about MY health.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a chair.
    Using electronics in bed causes your mind to not treat your bed like a bed causing sleeping troubles.
    Also, it causes lower back pain to be in the laying position for long periods of time. If you are going to be on a system all day you should have good support for your back so it doesn't cause problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first person explains it eloquently. Indeed if you spend time doing other things than sleeping on your bed, it has been said to cause sleeping troubles.
    Also it wouldnt hurt to get up every 15 minutes or so and do some stretches, even pacing for a couple minutes would suffice. Its bad for your back and neck to be in a position for so long, and it gets your blood flowing again=)