I bought a Leapster Handheld for my son who will turn 3 next month. It was brand new and was being sold at less than half the retail price at a cash converters. I zoned in on it as I was walking by and bought it before anyone else had the chance to snap it up.
Now that I have this 'bargain', I'm wondering if I should give it to him for his third birthday or wait until he turns 4. I'm tempted to give it to him now as we are going on a very long journey soon. If it grabs him, it will ease the boredom of the journey and the fact that his baby sister gets more of my attention. It could go totally the other way if he finds it too difficult because he will not hand it back, no matter how frustrated he'll get. I have not yet bought any games to go with it.
Does anyone have any experience with this learning system? Are there any games available that would be suitable for a JUST TURNED THREE rather than a 3 GOING TO 4 SOON?

P.S. Your opinions are greatly appreciated however I will report personal attacks and abuse. I notice that many on here are very quick to put people down just to get 2 points. If you are one of those, GET A LIFE.