Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have an intermec cn3 handheld computer, it wont upload wirelessly at home, but...

...will out some where...? ok i have a work supplied intermec cn3 handheld computer, it finds the wireless signal, and connects, but wont upload to the the vpn. this is only at home with our connection, cable internet, linksys wireless router.

if im on the road and the computer picks up a wireless signal, it connects and uploads to the vpn no problem.

any idea whats wrong with my home connection?

willy_willz
    When you find the vpn does it say "Firewalled connection"?

Remember a VPN is a network connected to you - it is a security loophole your home network is blocking you from using it.

Two possible levels you can be blocked at:

Hardware: It sounds like a security option is set on the router. Which is blocking you from accessing your work vpn. Provide the linksys router info and may be able to find the security options available for this router.

It may also be on the home firewall, make sure that there is an exception made for the IP which the VPN is trying to access. The intermec sounds like it is configured and working properly. Which firewall do you have at home? If using windows xp do you have that configured? Try turning off your firewall for a few mins than trying to access the VPN again (including the windows firewall).

Those roaming wifi networks you pick up are open, to anyone, thus allowing you to connect to the VPN.