Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    i_am_me

Is hugging considered PDA?

My friend hugged me yesterday at school (which he does every day... -.-) and some teacher that was walking by us was like "What are you two doing? PDA is against the school rules!" And I know he (the teacher) was talking to us because we were the only people in the hall besides a few random seniors that were standing a few yards away.

So is hugging PDA or not if it's just two friends?

Becks™
    Technically, it is a public display of affection but..I think it's a little messed up that a teacher tried to stop you guys. I mean, what is so cotton-picking wrong HUGGING!!! We are not robots.

You can tell I'm mad about this can't you? Well..that's because I had a teacher tell me not to hug my best friend once. I hugged him anyway.

TruthSquad
    Consider the teacher's point of view. They did not know that you are just friends, so yes it is considered public display of affection.

anna
    thats silly, yes but friends do that, its not unusual. i go to an all girls school and we hug each other, its pretty normal. if hugging, a display of acceftion is such a crime, what isnt.

Sierra
    n our skl it is but we still do it and a teacher said it was nasty or gross to see people hug n public i was like ur old and ur prolly jst jealous that ur husband doesnt hug u anymore jk i rlli didnt think that

Dizzyfrog
    Yes, it seems like a innocent gesture and is normal to give someone a hug when you see them or if they are feeling sad. Unfortunately school and work place find it to be PDA and inappropriate and you can actually get fired from a job for doing so. I think it's stupid.....

Dizzyfrog
    Yes, it seems like a innocent gesture and is normal to give someone a hug when you see them or if they are feeling sad. Unfortunately school and work place find it to be PDA and inappropriate and you can actually get fired from a job for doing so. I think it's stupid.....

TinaSoWright
    I would say that technically it is. But for a teacher to say that you cant even hug your friends in school is unfair. What if your friend was a girl and you were hugging her goodbye? would the teacher still then scold you for a PDA? that is unjust and unfair, i would take it up with the principle or counselor. I believe that there is nothing wrong with hugging in public. you are not in the wrong.

Karma Eve
    Yes it is considered PDA. Even though it's hugging, it a display of affection that you're doing publicly.

DarkSinder3lla

Heart New

Yes it is PDA, but i think its really stupid. What if that was the last day you're gona see one of your friends cause they're moving, and you guys hugged and you get yelled at. I would just talk to the principle about that.