Hello!
Because of a GPS lag of my HTC Touch HD PDA-Phone (Windows Mobile 6.1 OS), I asked advice of a HTC representative in order to improve GPS receiver performance, who has recommend me to change (Start - Settings - System - External GPS – Hardware) Baud rate field value from 4800 (default) to 9600. I was impatient to apply this official recommendation, I selected the new value, saved the change by clicking “OK”, but … surprise! - After reopening of External GPS – Hardware, I saw that the new value wasn’t registered and the device seems to be locked to the previous value (4800). Also Hardware port field has the same behavior and seems to be locked to the default value: (None). I tried to do these changes even a hard reset, with several and also with no any navigation software installed on my device, but it was useless – the values still remain the same.
Please, can anybody tell me which registry key I have to change to make this fields editable, or maybe there is another way (except to disable A-GPS, which I’ve already did) to improve GPS performance?
Technical specifications: - GPS Chipset: Qualcomm gpsOne A-GPS

- Network: Vodafone (Europe)
Thank you in advance