I just got the Touch from Sprint and the ringer is really annoying me. Whenever i get a call i swear i can only hear it long enough for me to open the flap of the holster the phone is in. By the time i get the phone out, figure out who's calling me and ready to answer the call, ive already gotten a missed call notifcation and the caller has already left a voice message.

Does anyone else experience this or am i just used to my Treo 700p, where i could enter for exactly how many seconds the phone would ring until my voicemail kicked in? Yes, I've tried all ringer types, from vibrate then ring, to vibrate, or vibrate and ring, but all these seem to give me less warning then for it to just ring.

I'm used to Palm, so is there some way to hack this thing to make it ring longer (and yes i've tried other stock ringtones)?
Also why is the repeat box always grayed out?

And this is when the phone is on me waist or right by me. Goodness forbid the phone was upstairs or in a different room. I remember when my Treo rang, my roomate could fetch the phone in another room, give it to me, and I would still have time to decide whether or not I want to talk to the person calling me. LOL. With the HTC Touch, i'll look at the phone pondering whether or not to answer, but by the time i want to pick up, my voicemail picks up.
ive increased the volume all the way, but this phone is not ringing for 30 seconds. Its like 15 seconds max. I know its not ringing for as long as the Treo because thats why im complaining...Is there any way to hack this thing through the registry or with 3rd party apps?