Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has banning school PDA (public display of affection) gone too far?

Here at Burlington High School, the display of love to someone of an opposite sex is not tolerated. It's not too extreme, but is still too frowned upon by the school board to be allowed in school. I've read that some schools even ban hugging just as a friendly gesture. At my school, we're not allowed to kiss, sit on eachother's laps, or even stand less than a foot away from eachother without being yelled at. My friends even had to have a conference with the principal and their parents. For one thing, this is a high school. It's most likely that 99% of couples have been dating even before high school. We're teenagers and are practically adults. Love is not at all a sign of hatred or violence. In fact, they're more like hypocrites. The school says no violence, yet we can't even do the opposite. They should be happy that there's more respect between other teens than hate, even though fights still occur in this school, which is partially because of the fact that they ban any sign of affection towards someone of the opposite sex. The more rules you make, the more someone's going to burst and break those rules. Lack of PDA causes couples to not be able to see eachother as often and interract, ending in that couple breaking up, becoming depressed, and sooner or later failing school. This zero tolerance of PDA not only affects the couples, but their amount of knowledge as well. In fact, even kissing should be allowed as long as it's not in such a crowded place. As long as we're not engaging in sexual contact with eachother, any gesture of love should be allowed that doesn't represent rowdy behavior. Students who encounter this but never have it in mind should create a petition, because I can guarantee that more than 3/4 of the school will agree, including parents!

Downloads
    Uploads
    yea i totally agree. i think you should do the petition and give it to the principal. it does seem extreme.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even know where your school is but having a girlfriend and all, I would hate going to your school :|