My daughter was diagnosed with PDA (patent ductus arteriosus) when she was about 5 months old and they said I should have her checked out again in 6 months to see if it may be closing on its own. Well I took her back to the cardiologist 6 months later and apparently there have not been any improvements because the doctor recommended the surgery. It's a simple and short procedure but she would have a device in her body for the rest of her life. I did some research online and read of some children whose PDAs closed later on in their childhood years. I just want to hear from people if something like that has happened to their kids. My daughter just turned one a couple of days ago, she is a healthy happy full-term baby, no symptoms, weighs 22 pounds. So I'm just thinking maybe the doctors are just doing what they usually do and not look at the individual situation? I know all about the PDA and the surgery, I just want to hear if somebody's children's PDA healed on its own and when that happened. Thank you!