Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think PDA is necessary in Middle Schools?

This is for a school debate.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'm not one to say what's right or what's wrong but if I found out my little sister was in the halls swapping spit with some boy then I'd be highly pissed. It all depends on how closely you can relate to the situation. If that was you performing PDA then you'd say it was alright. If it was your child, younger sibling then the story would be completely different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think PDA does not belong in schools.
    I think hand holding is ok, a hug, even a couple sitting next to each other with their arms around the waist and stuff. Basic displays of affection are non sexxual and non offensive, and as long as it is done outside the classroom, young adults should be allowed to have relationships.
    But more serious acts, like cuddling/nuzzling, kissing, and 'petting' are inappropriate for a school setting. I think the more sexual displays need to remain extra curricular, done away from school.
    There are enough hormones in schools as it is, teachers shouldn't have to regulate make out sessions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think reason for punishment should be for PDA in general. The term public display of affection is too broad to be used with children. Middle school kids like to hug each other (same sex or not) and that shouldn't be considered a PDA but with what I remember it is. Although middle school kids kiss there should be a rule for it, not just grouped in with hugging and hand holding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they are too young for any 'affection'.